The Rutgers Dance Pre-Conservatory is open to new and experienced dancers entering grade 9 through rising seniors (students who have just graduated high school) who wish to expand their knowledge and experience of dance in a collegiate environment. Dancers develop skills through daily ballet and modern technique classes. A variety of other styles are explored in a series of special workshops and master classes with world-class teaching artists.
All students learn repertory, create their own choreography, and have the opportunity to perform in an end-of-session showcase. Student learning needs are assessed during a series of placement classes held during the first day of camp.
Prospective participants must complete an online application, an audition (video or live).
Session I: July 15 – 20, 2018
Session II: July 22 – 27, 2018
Students may attend one or both sessions.
Commuter or residential options are available.
Weekend stay is not available for people who wish to participate in both sessions.
At the Rutgers Dance Pre-Conservatory, students will:
- Wake up and warm up with a daily morning stretch.
- Build skills with daily ballet and modern dance classes.
- Create your own choreography in collaborative daily sessions.
- Build alignment skills and strength in a unique male ballet class
- Learn a dance performance piece that utilizes the strengths of every dancer.
- Expand your horizons during daily college dance workshops featuring an innovative menu of topics such as hip-hop, jazz, improvisation, stage make-up, historical and cultural dance!
Attend a master class and public performance with world-renowned teaching artists.
Enjoy evening events
Showcase your work with an end-of-session student performance for friends and family at the stunning Victoria J. Mastrobuono Theater